Re: Report Sends does not reflect same number sends

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

Report Sends does not reflect same number sends

Hello,

I thought maybe the difference in the count was due to those caught by suspected spam filters but when I run a smart list to determine those who think we are spam it returns none.

The sent should be 298:

sends.png

How can I find the difference of the 61 missing?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Could it be Marketo's de-duplication process? When you say the report doesn't reflect the same number of sends, where are you getting that other number of sends? From the list?

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Another option would be the number that it filtered out before the send (those that were marketing suspended/unsubscribed). When first looking at how many it will send, the total number doesn't take those out. It will show a "blocked number" which is the number it will filter out before the send. The difference between the sends and delivers will then be due to bounces.

Chelsea_Kiko
Level 6 - Champion Alumni

Good point! Paul Johnson​ - I assumed when she said she ran a SL, that was the people who were marked as unsubscribed or suspended and returned with 0. But now I reread and she said suspected spam.

Theresa_Boesken
Level 2

Thanks! ...Although we marked the email operational...it should have bypassed any unsubscribed or suspended. Added, the report above only lists 6 bounced and 2 soft bounced...it still doesn't tell me where the 61 went (Hope that makes sense).

Paul_Johnson
Level 5

Hmmm. Just because you bypassed unsubscribed and suspended people doesn't mean others weren't blocked. If they were marketing suspeneded it would still not send to them (if they didn't have valid email addresses, or if there had been hard bounces in the past). Try setting up another test campaign with the same critera to send and see how many it says are "blocked".

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

True there are many reasons that an email could be blocked, but in this case it could also be that there is a delay from the server in announcing the result of the email (bounce, received, or otherwise). Some servers have a delay on the receipt of email information.