Replicating global/default workspace across 22 country workspaces

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Replicating global/default workspace across 22 country workspaces

I would love your thoughts on this and any best-practices you can share.  Not only the folder structure in Marketing Activities, but also things like email and landing page templates, images, etc.  For example, if we have 25 email templates in Design Studio, how do we ensure these are available in each workspace?
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13

Re: Replicating global/default workspace across 22 country workspaces

This will help
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyxD
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is, do you really need 22 workspaces? Do you have the business rules in place to deal with this level of administrative overhead? Is it worth it?  
Dan_Stevens_

Our data privacy/security policies require separate lead partitions within each country (and is aligned to how our CRM system is configured).  Furthermore, since most countries have dedicated marketing personnel to support all go-to-market activity (including localization of global programs and campaigns), this approach made the most sense to keep the Marketo environment manageable and prevent other marketers from accessing (and accidetally deleting/modifying) other country assets/campaigns. 

We are in the process of defining business rules that are needed - e.g., lead assigment to the proper lead partition when it enters the defaul lead partition in Marketo.  And while we are working closely with our Marketo consultants to deploy this environment properly, I would like to understand any potential issues that we're not yet aware of.  Feel free to share these with me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea, i think these are valid reasons for why you would use partitions. My marketing team isn't so worried about 'stepping on each other's toes'  so we don't utilize this technology, but I'm glad Marketo made it available to standard not just enterprise. We debated using it ourselves, but decided the administrative overhead wasn't worth it.
Dan_Stevens_

Thanks Josh.  This could work for some (those that need no editing within the local workspaces), but I guess this will require an intense manual effort of cloning and placing in each workspace those assets that may require editing/localizing in each country.