SOLVED

Repercussions of Moving to Account based model in SFDC

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Repercussions of Moving to Account based model in SFDC

Greetings Everyone!

At this point we operate in a model where we have accounts only for contacts that got converted in sales lifecycle process and for customers and opportunities. We are in the process of exploring the account based model in Salesforce model in SFDC where we have an account and we are able to see all activity(all conversations) within that account.

• How should we implement this?
  • This will impact our reporting as all leads will have to be converted to contacts to associate them to accounts on the same date, how should we handle that? Is there a better way to approach that?
  • How should we maintain this - since Marketo will create leads after form fill out and such, which will sync to SFDC as leads. Should we convert leads on a daily basis or weekly? Is there another way to handle this?
  • Scoring will have to be revised, and account based scoring will have to be added?
  • Are there other factors we need to keep in mind when thinking of moving to this structure?

Please advise.

Thanks,

Khushboo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repercussions of Moving to Account based model in SFDC

Hi Khushboo,

If I may ask few questions -

1.  Is there specific reason why your marketing organization wants to move to account based model in SFDC? Is this because your organization moving towards account based marketing?

2.  Are you thinking of automatic conversion of all Marketo leads to contacts and association to corresponding accounts in SFDC? Is this true of all the leads or only certain leads which are meeting some criteria's (e.g. MQL's)

3.  What is the purpose of Account Based Scoring? Will it be used for prioritizing the accounts or depicting the engagement/business of accounts across marketing channels that your organization would use?

Marketo will support Account Based Marketing as standard offering in 2016 (per roadmap) which would allow marketers to manage CRM accounts in Marketo from Marketing perspective and include features like -

- Automatic Lead to Account association in Marketo (assuming CRM Accounts are synced in Marketo)

- Account Management - Import,  Segmentation etc.

- Account engagement across channels (email, web etc.)

- Account Based Scoring

- Account centric analytics 

Please let me know if you would like to know more details. Feel free to reach out to me directly on mjeswani@marketo.com

MJ

Product Management

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Repercussions of Moving to Account based model in SFDC

Hi Khushboo,

If I may ask few questions -

1.  Is there specific reason why your marketing organization wants to move to account based model in SFDC? Is this because your organization moving towards account based marketing?

2.  Are you thinking of automatic conversion of all Marketo leads to contacts and association to corresponding accounts in SFDC? Is this true of all the leads or only certain leads which are meeting some criteria's (e.g. MQL's)

3.  What is the purpose of Account Based Scoring? Will it be used for prioritizing the accounts or depicting the engagement/business of accounts across marketing channels that your organization would use?

Marketo will support Account Based Marketing as standard offering in 2016 (per roadmap) which would allow marketers to manage CRM accounts in Marketo from Marketing perspective and include features like -

- Automatic Lead to Account association in Marketo (assuming CRM Accounts are synced in Marketo)

- Account Management - Import,  Segmentation etc.

- Account engagement across channels (email, web etc.)

- Account Based Scoring

- Account centric analytics 

Please let me know if you would like to know more details. Feel free to reach out to me directly on mjeswani@marketo.com

MJ

Product Management