SOLVED

Renewal Reminders

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Renewal Reminders

Hi all,

I'm trying to build a program that will send automated emails to customers 3 months before the end of their contract. My thought on how to do this would be to use Contract Start Date is Today, and then have various campaigns depending upon the value of a Term (in months) field. They would say if Term = 12 months, wait 9 months, send email.

The problem is, I have no real access to use Contract Start Date as a trigger/filter, or even as a constraint with a trigger.

I have to imagine many companies do some sort of reminders to their customers for their contracts, so I'm not sure if I'm just missing something or if they've had additional custom fields created to allow for this.

Thanks
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Renewal Reminders

Hi Marcus,

The wait step should allow for a date token.  Could you use something like 'Contract End Date" and then in the wait step select minus 90 days?

Then all you need to do is use a trigger to start the "Renewal" campaign which waits dynamically. 

If you can't use the end date I'm sure you could do something similar with multiple campaigns based on term and start date.

hope it helps

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would be interested as well
Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

I do mine differently by publication and by expiration date for our publications renewals, in one campaign.  If there's only 1 or 2 people to a renewal campaign, I send the very first message which is for the early renewal, and the subsequent emails are done by our salespeople. 

1)I start with an early bird renewal date.  So if someone's publication is due to expire on May 31, 2014, I send the renewal email campaign on the 6th of January.
2) On the first week April I send another renewal message saying that they have 1 more issue remaining.
3) On the first week of May before the publication ship date, I send the 0 issue remaining message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Marcus,

The wait step should allow for a date token.  Could you use something like 'Contract End Date" and then in the wait step select minus 90 days?

Then all you need to do is use a trigger to start the "Renewal" campaign which waits dynamically. 

If you can't use the end date I'm sure you could do something similar with multiple campaigns based on term and start date.

hope it helps

Anonymous
Not applicable

When someone became a Customer I would write into their lead record the renewal date. IE if you become a customer today and your renewal is one year from now, i would write 2015 into your lead record. Then as Mark P suggest, add to the wait step minus 90 days from the end date.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mark/Adam - Completely glossed over the option to use a Date Token in my wait step. I'll set up a trigger for Opportunity Is Updated, with a constraint of the new stage being Closed Won and then start them down the flow.

My other goal with this was to use only those people listed as Primary Contacts (I'm using SFDC) from the Opportunities to this campaign. As far as I can tell, the only way to do this is with a set-up of the following:

CAMPAIGN 1: Added to Opportunity [Primary = True]
CAMPAIGN 2 (the current one being discussed here): Opportunity is Updated [Stage = Closed Won] + Member of Smart Campaign = CAMPAIGN 1.

If anyone else has any better ideas for how to accomplish this please let me know!