SOLVED

Removing from flows and Smart List question

Go to solution
LCENTENO
Level 3

Removing from flows and Smart List question

Hi everyone,

Quick question, I have a new email campaign that I want to send to members, we will call it Summer Email. Now, we have another current ongoing campaign that launches an email to our new members, we will call this the Spring email.

Now, I want to add a suppression to the Spring email to not send if the members in the Spring email campaign received the Summer email at any point.

The current setup (smart list and flow) for the ongoing Spring email is as follows:

LCENTENO_0-1687280116061.pngLCENTENO_1-1687280186255.png

My first thought is to add the following smart list filter and flow step to the Spring email campaign:

LCENTENO_2-1687280753565.pngLCENTENO_3-1687280919286.png

First and foremost, is adding this to the existing Spring campaign the right approach?
Second, would I need to adjust the filter options in the smart list to make this work properly?

LCENTENO_4-1687281147328.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Removing from flows and Smart List question

Send Email is one of the high-volume activities, and hence, it's preserved in the activity log for 90 days from the date of activity. See the Marketo Activities Data Retention Policy knowledgebase article. So your logic of referencing Not Was Sent Summer Email in the past 365 days won't work as activities beyond 90 days would have been removed from the activity log and would not be available to reference in the SL. Having said that, you can add a Not Was Sent Summer Email in the send email campaign's SL directly (still people who have sent Summer Email beyond the 90 days period in the past would still qualify for it). Additionally, you can also add a condition in the Send Email flow step (snapshot below) to not send the Spring Email to people who have a Send Summer Email activity in the activity log. This will take care of sending Spring Email to people who'd have received Summer Email while they were in the 21 days Wait step. By doing this, you'd not need an additional campaign to remove people from the flow. 🙂

Darshil_Shah1_0-1687282335895.png

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Removing from flows and Smart List question

Send Email is one of the high-volume activities, and hence, it's preserved in the activity log for 90 days from the date of activity. See the Marketo Activities Data Retention Policy knowledgebase article. So your logic of referencing Not Was Sent Summer Email in the past 365 days won't work as activities beyond 90 days would have been removed from the activity log and would not be available to reference in the SL. Having said that, you can add a Not Was Sent Summer Email in the send email campaign's SL directly (still people who have sent Summer Email beyond the 90 days period in the past would still qualify for it). Additionally, you can also add a condition in the Send Email flow step (snapshot below) to not send the Spring Email to people who have a Send Summer Email activity in the activity log. This will take care of sending Spring Email to people who'd have received Summer Email while they were in the 21 days Wait step. By doing this, you'd not need an additional campaign to remove people from the flow. 🙂

Darshil_Shah1_0-1687282335895.png