SOLVED

Remove YouTube "Related Videos"?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove YouTube "Related Videos"?

Hello!  When you embed a YouTube video, the code gives you an option to remove related videos from the end of the video; however, when I enter the link into the social video player, I get an error.  The related videos then continue to pop up at the end.  Is there a way to remove them?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Remove YouTube "Related Videos"?

Jenn,
This is not supported today.  I have added it to the backlog, but you may want to post this as an Idea to see how many others would benefit from this.

Raj

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jenn,

When attempting to remove the related videos bit from the end of the code, did you just delete the text or did you change it to rel=0? If not, try that!

Hope this helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Caleb is right on, adding ?rel=0 should remove the related videos. Youtube has a full list of parameters you can add to the URL to control how it acts.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the code I've been adding, but it seems to throw an error.  The link is correct until I start adding parameters (FYI - this is in adding the social video via Marketo as opposed to just the embed code provided by YouTube).

Thanks!
Jenn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jenn,
This is not supported today.  I have added it to the backlog, but you may want to post this as an Idea to see how many others would benefit from this.

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Raj!  Will do 🙂
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jenn,
With the march release, you can remove related videos (and also use all the other youtube arguments) as shown below -

0EM50000000QFNc.jpg

Please make sure you create (not clone) a new video asset in order to use this functionality

Raj
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jenn,

Raj's method mentioned above should work for you. 

However, I thought it might be worth metnioning that Vidyard also has an interesting way of taking the functionality one step further. We put our player skin over top of the YouTube video. Doing so gives you access to a number of different things:

1. Custom post-roll call to action (related videos, surveys, buttons, forms, URL redirect etc...)
2. Data on who watched which videos and for how long in the Marketo activity log
3. A/B split testing of the video thumbnail

With the functionality mentioned in #1, we have done fun things like choose your own adventure videos. It might be overkill, but let me know if you want to discuss.

Ian