SOLVED

Re: Remove Munchkin tracking code from landing pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Munchkin tracking code from landing pages

I want to remove the Munchkin tracking code from a couple of landing pages that we want to use internally for entering information about leads in our database. I followed the instructions in the following link to remove the code from a template and then built a landing page on one of the templates. I cleared my cookies and ran a test, but I am still being tracked when I enter information. Any ideas about what I might be doing wrong?

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L3Jn
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

You'll need to remove the cookie in two places: the landing page and the form. Have you done the latter?

If not, you can do so by creating the form and then:
  • putting it on a blank dummy page so you can grab the code (approve the page and view source).
  • take out the hidden line that that looks like '<input type="hidden" name="munchkinId" value="xxx-xxx-xxx" /> '
  • paste the form HTML back into your normal landing page
Now the page will
  1. not prefill with information
  2. not cookie the user upon submission
Hope this helps.

-Charlie

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jason,

You'll need to remove the cookie in two places: the landing page and the form. Have you done the latter?

If not, you can do so by creating the form and then:
  • putting it on a blank dummy page so you can grab the code (approve the page and view source).
  • take out the hidden line that that looks like '<input type="hidden" name="munchkinId" value="xxx-xxx-xxx" /> '
  • paste the form HTML back into your normal landing page
Now the page will
  1. not prefill with information
  2. not cookie the user upon submission
Hope this helps.

-Charlie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charlie, 

Thanks for your help. Yes, I think I still need to remove the tracking code from the form. How do I view the source for an approved landing page? I know how to look at and edit the HTML for a landing page template, but cant figure out how to do it once the page is approved. Otherwise your instructions look very straightforward and should solve my problem. 

Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open up the approved landing page in a browser, then, right click on the page and select "View Page Source" if you're on a PC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks again. Once I get the code that I want from the dummy page, how do I put it into my real landing page? I don't see a way to edit the HTML for an existing landing page.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paste it into an HTML box. It's one of the elements you can select on the right. Cheers.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wish this was more automatic (i.e. from a dialog setting). I'm building a form for tradeshow lead retrieval that has fields that need to be continuously updated. Having to go in and remeber to hard-code this is less than ideal. But thanks for the tip - very helpful!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wanted to check on this thread and see if sone one can share how to remove tracking from a form?

I seem to not be able to open the link on this thread