Referral Tracking for Webpage with Multiple Registration Pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Referral Tracking for Webpage with Multiple Registration Pages

I am hoping you could help - we have a program where we're promoting our weekly webinars through online banners via a third party publication's site. Normally we haven't tracked these kind of conversions, but we want to start. If we were promoting one particular webinar at a time, it would be easy to track, using a URL parameter or referrer parameter in hidden fields within the registration forms, but the problem with this promotion is that we need to direct them to our main webinar page, where the end-user has various webinar registration options. Benefits of doing this are that:

-We don't have to change the URL and send it to the partner on a weekly or bi-weekly basis
-The end-user has various options (i.e. webinars) to choose from, AND 
-It's easier to update and leverage the main webinar page and use it for this program, than spending extra time changing a dedicated landing page (if we were to make one) on a regular basis (the webinar page is updated regularly)

We want to track who registers for our webinars that are referring by this program but the problem I'm running into is how to track this since the form is not directly on the page we're first referring them to. This may be a stupid question but I can't figure out how we might be able to do this without hard coding into our website....

Any ideas would be helpful!
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Referral Tracking for Webpage with Multiple Registration Pages

So, the normal way I see folks doing this is with a custom cookie. It would require some coding, but you'd create a cookie, put in that value and then on the page with the form, pick up that value and submit it. This would probably be written in Javascript.