Nurture program based on Opportunity Stage Using Person Account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Nurture program based on Opportunity Stage Using Person Account

I am looking to develop a nurturing program based on the stage of an opportunity.  If opportunity stage is recycle/nurture or is Closed/Won, I want to assign those accounts to different nurture campaigns.

I understand that Marketo doesn't allow for campaigns directly against opportunity.  What is the best way to pull the accounts/contacts that fall in this category?  Should I create a new field that captures the value in the opportunity stage?  Should the field reside in SFDC or Marketo?  If in SFDC, on which object? Lead, Account? 

Note: We are using Person Account.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nurture program based on Opportunity Stage Using Person Account

We actually do allow for campaigns against opportunities directly, but I think the trick is (as you say) is that you have Person Accounts. We rely on the Opportunity-Person-Role object being populated, but that isn't done out of the box. I know some customers have been able to fix that with Apex scripting, and I bet our Professional Services team could help you if that was something you wanted to do.

Failing that? I'd just use the Lead or Contact with a "status" field and have that sync between SFDC and Marketo.