Referral Program Landing Page - Missing a Step

tarajosealander
Level 1

Re: Referral Program Landing Page - Missing a Step

@SanfordWhiteman are you able to demonstrate how to best build a referral landing page? I am looking to do this for 2 separate use cases:

1. Send an email to current customers requesting that they refer their friends and family to us. When they provide the friend's name/number/email we need to email the friend requesting permission to contact and opt them in to emails.

2. Separate (but identical looking) landing pages for each individual member of a 500+ person sales team so that they can send customers to a page where they can refer themselves or others to our company.

Thank you for any support that you are able to provide!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

1. Send an email to current customers requesting that they refer their friends and family to us. When they provide the friend's name/number/email we need to email the friend requesting permission to contact and opt them in to emails.

Standard Referral Form concept, make sure the form has _mkt_trk removed (https://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/).

Then have a new field like RefererredByCustomer as a hidden field on the form, Auto-Filled from a query param. And attach the Lead ID of the Referrer - i.e. the current customer - as that query param, i.e. extref={{Lead.Id}}.

2. Separate (but identical looking) landing pages for each individual member of a 500+ person sales team so that they can send customers to a page where they can refer themselves or others to our company.

See my answer here: 

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Customized-Landing-Pages-for-Salespeople/m-p/29804...

You probably want option 2 because of the number of salespeople, but it's up to you.

Christine_Libro
Level 3

Could someone helped me master this code? Someone like Sanford Whiteman

This is golden.