SOLVED

Recommended distribution split for champion/challenger test

Go to solution
Dean548
Level 2

Recommended distribution split for champion/challenger test

Hi everyone,

Is there a recommended distribution split for Champion Challenger tests? I'm planning to setup a C/C test which will have 1 champion and 2 challenger subject lines for my nurture emails where roughly 20 records will qualify for per cast. Not really sure what I should set the split to and would like to hear what you would do in this situation.

Thanks in advance πŸ™‚ 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Recommended distribution split for champion/challenger test

HI @Dean548 ,

Distribution pattern depends greatly on the size of your database & its main objective should be to have a good enough size of the sample data so that you can have clearer picture on your best performing assets.

Since you will be having only 20 qualification per cast i will recommend to keep it at least 40-60 i.e. 40% challenger & 60% champion & run your cast for a sufficiently long period (Say at least 7-8 casts). This will allow you to get a measurable sample size to judge.

Hope this helps πŸ˜Š

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Recommended distribution split for champion/challenger test

HI @Dean548 ,

Distribution pattern depends greatly on the size of your database & its main objective should be to have a good enough size of the sample data so that you can have clearer picture on your best performing assets.

Since you will be having only 20 qualification per cast i will recommend to keep it at least 40-60 i.e. 40% challenger & 60% champion & run your cast for a sufficiently long period (Say at least 7-8 casts). This will allow you to get a measurable sample size to judge.

Hope this helps πŸ˜Š