SOLVED

Re-Entering an email drip halfway?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re-Entering an email drip halfway?

A problem that's been poised from my Sales team is "can we pause a lead in a single drip, then unpause them (as if it were an engagement stream)?" (There are reasons I won't get into as to why we don't want to build an engagement program for these singular drips, like Demo Follow Up).

I know the answer is no. There is no way (I know of) to insert them back into the drip without:

- picking up exactly where they were removed

- going through the flow without receiving the same content twice

- going through the flow again, waiting until they have reached the point where they left off.

Unless...

I've been thinking about an alternative, and wanted to ask if anyone in the Community has tried folding the flow/content in half? In essence it would be like splitting into two different ops at the half way (or quarter) of the drip, but in the same flow. Let's assume we have 16 emails in the drip, I am imagining the flows to look like this:

Step 1:

If not sent email: Email 1, then send email 1.

If not, then send Email 9

wait

Step 2:

If not sent email: Email 2, then send email 2.

If not, then send Email 10

and so forth until the end of the drip, where I would find a way to send them through the drip twice if sent email 8.

Doe this make sense, and has anyone tried this? I would love to hear your experience if you have tried this, before I start rebuilding my drips.

I don't want to over complicate things, and keep it running lean... but it may solve my problem. In theory, I could even fold this another time, and quarter the drips into 4 flows.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Re-Entering an email drip halfway?

You could try that. You would have to use Remove from Campaign, then put them back in the campaign and they'd wait a real long time as they stepped through the Choice Steps and Wait Steps.

Otherwise, yes, use several campaigns to manage this. Lookup traffic cop to find out more.

But if you had an Entry Program for Demos that then led to an Engagement, that might solve the issue of having to wait for the Cadence to pickup someone. You could also run the Cadence in Stream 1 as Every Day and then push to Stream 2 for the rest of the follow up. That way the pause would work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Re-Entering an email drip halfway?

You could try that. You would have to use Remove from Campaign, then put them back in the campaign and they'd wait a real long time as they stepped through the Choice Steps and Wait Steps.

Otherwise, yes, use several campaigns to manage this. Lookup traffic cop to find out more.

But if you had an Entry Program for Demos that then led to an Engagement, that might solve the issue of having to wait for the Cadence to pickup someone. You could also run the Cadence in Stream 1 as Every Day and then push to Stream 2 for the rest of the follow up. That way the pause would work.