SOLVED

Re-adding people back in to an engagement program who were exhausted

Go to solution
David_Jackman1
Level 2

Re-adding people back in to an engagement program who were exhausted

Hey all,

I'm trying to figure out if people who were in a stream and had exhausted all content should still be seen by Marketo as exhausted if they are later added back into the EP into the same stream they were in when they were previously a member... fyi - there has been no changes to the content in the stream (and no new content added) since they were added back.

I added people back in as members that weren't supposed to be removed, and although they are in the same stream they were in, they are not showing as "exhausted" when I check the exhausted column or smart list exhausted constraint. This leads me to wonder if the "exhausted" status only spawns once the cast actually goes out. I have yet to set the cast to go out again to test, as I don't want anyone getting the same email more than once by mistake.

Anyone have any knowledge on this?

p.s. I do already know that it's not a best practice to remove anyone from an EP, and typically have inactive streams set up for this kind thing but it was an exception.

Thanks so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Re-adding people back in to an engagement program who were exhausted

Hi David,

AFAIK, the "Exhausted" computation only shows after casts, when Marketo has tried to send the content and has found none possible for a given person.

To avoid any problem, you can isolate these people into a separate, empty stream. In parallel, you can run a test with yourself or one of these leads that is an internal person.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

If they were in the EP and you changed their status to "not in program" and then added them back into the EP, they'll go through the EP again.

Why was your case an exception?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi David,

AFAIK, the "Exhausted" computation only shows after casts, when Marketo has tried to send the content and has found none possible for a given person.

To avoid any problem, you can isolate these people into a separate, empty stream. In parallel, you can run a test with yourself or one of these leads that is an internal person.

-Greg

David_Jackman1
Level 2

Hi Greg,

Thank you! I appreciate the quick reply. I tested your assumption, and that is in fact correct. When adding exhausted members back into a stream they were pulled out of due to being removed from an EP, the "Exhausted" status (as a smart list constraint or for the column in the EP members' tab) only updates once the cast goes out. Until the cast occurs, the "Exhausted" status will appear as "No", which is a bit misleading, so this is good to know.