RCE Reports Won't Load - "Too much number crunching"

Anonymous
Not applicable

RCE Reports Won't Load - "Too much number crunching"

Hello everyone,

I keep getting the error message below, on several RCE reports I'm trying to run:

pastedImage_0.png

Has anyone else seen this before? These are fairly standard reports I'm getting the error message on. For example, I'm trying to view any Opportunities created in the previous month that are Marketing Influenced along with the Opportunity $ value. I don't have any subtotals or grand-totals, and the only "Exclude" filters I'm using is Company Name doesn't include "Test".

Hopefully, I'm doing something wrong in my filters that is confusing the system and the issue isn't really that RCE can't process this information. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,

Cam

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: RCE Reports Won't Load - "Too much number crunching"

Hi Cam,

Without more details or screenshots, it's hard, to help you here.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We get these quite often - since we often run complex reports across our global organization.  The only solution is to remove some of the reportable dimensions/rows/columns; and/or limit the reporting period.  Although your example doesn't seem like it should be causing this.  While RCE did get an interface overhaul earlier this year, I'm hearing that the next enhancement will be to the overall performance of the tool.  We'll be looking forward to that.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you can also ask Support to look into it if you give them the specific report and error message. Sometimes it is a temp error.