RCE and Analytics reporting different numbers

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

RCE and Analytics reporting different numbers

Hi there -

I ran a report in RCE for email opens and clicks.  I'm comparing it to a report that I ran in Analytics for email performance and my Delivered and Open numbers are very different.  

Can someone explain the variance and which report I should use?
Robb Barrett
5 REPLIES 5
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: RCE and Analytics reporting different numbers

Hey Robb,

One quick explanation is that RCE imports data nightly whereas Analytics will be more up to date.

If that alone does not explain the variance you'd have to dig deeper into the criteria for each report. If you want to post the specs for each we could puzzle it out.

Justin Norris | Perkuto

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

I don't think that's it.  Some numbers are higher, some lower.  I ran both reports this morning.  
Robb Barrett
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Here's an example:

I created a Smart List, an Analytics Report and an RCE report for the same email.

Smart List: 14,651 deliveries
Analytics: 14,039 deliveries
RCE:  14,589 deliveries

Which one do I use and how can I trust any of these reports?
Robb Barrett
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes that's very annoying.

I recall there can be discrepancies for a few reasons -- analytics reports will keep record of activity even if the lead is deleted, whereas smart lists do not.

But that doesn't explain this because smart list is higher.

I would push this one to support and ask them to explain it. (Once you are sure that time filters and other critieria are absolutely identical in all cases).

Paul_Su2
Level 3

I had the same issue a couple months back that I had Marketo Premiere Support do a deeper dive to figure out the reason for this (I believe it's the same issue you are asking about): 

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoDiscussionDetail?id=90650000000Pu5hAAC