SOLVED

Re: Random Sample Option Not Showing up for A/B Test Campaign

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Random Sample Option Not Showing up for A/B Test Campaign

I am building out a smart campaign to A/B test two email variation. We want the A/B test to be sent to a random sample. I added a filter to the smart list (which contains the leads) called Random Sample and set it to 25. Then I created a smart campaign to split the leads up in to chunks. In the Flow step, I added the step "Add to List" and the option to select "Random Sample" for the IF statement is not available. Does anyone know why this isn't an option for my campaign.

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the campaign you sent and in the flow I added Random Sample for you.   I also was able to add the member of list to the Send email.  Are you typing directly into the box?  Please take a look at the campaigns.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It should be there.  I just confirmed it is working in my subscription.  Did you scroll through the list to see if it is there or are you just using Auto Suggest?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just confirmed its not a condition option in our list. We have not done any prior setup to use the Random Sample option. Is there anything we need to do? This is our first A/B test.

0EM50000000QSPb.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you a spark customer?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not completely sure of our membership level, because there isn't a way to check this in the app. My colleague said we had the Standard level though. I am able to add the "Random Sample" filter in the Smart List step:

0EM50000000QSPg.jpg

If we were using Spark, we wouldn't be able to use Random Sample as a condition step, filter, etc., correct?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can see the edition you have by clicking on your name and then select "About Us".  Have you tried typing it in?  Can you send me your campaign link? 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Cheryl! I just confirmed we are using the Standard edition. 

I have tried typing in "Random Sample" and that didn't show up as an option in the dropdown. 

You can find our campaign here: https://app-sj02.marketo.com/#SC1611A1

Another strange thing is that for the actual A/B test campaign, "Member of List" is not showing as a condition for the If statement to "Send Email." I'm beginning to think its a setting issue sense this is happening to If statements in two separate campaigns. The campaign link for this step is the following: https://app-sj02.marketo.com/#SC1609A1

0EM50000000QSQ5.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went to the campaign you sent and in the flow I added Random Sample for you.   I also was able to add the member of list to the Send email.  Are you typing directly into the box?  Please take a look at the campaigns.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cheryl, 

I see the selections that you made to those two flow steps! I went ahead and created new "Send Email" and "Add to List" steps to the Flow for those two campaigns (just for testing purposes), typed those conditions into the field, and they popped up into the dropdown! I'm not quite sure what you did on your end, but this issue is resolved. Thank you so very much for your help! 🙂

Andrea