SOLVED

Re: Random Sample For Sales Alerts

Go to solution
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Random Sample For Sales Alerts

I'm utilizing random sample to send alerts to sales reps when someone downloads a product brief.  The problem we are running into is if someone downloads multiple briefs, multiple sales reps get the alert to follow up.

Is there a way in the flow to say "If an open activity already exists, stop the round robin assignment?"
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you have a trigger campaign to send the alert--triggered off of filling the form to request the brief.  First thing to check is that in the Schedule tab you have the campaign set to "Lead can run through campaign once" instead of "every time."  That should stop subsequent alerts after the first goes out, even if the lead download the product brief multiple times.

If you're using mutiple trigger campaigns to send different alerts for each--say you're using different pages & forms and alert messages for different products--one way to limit the alerts is to add leads to a common list when the first alert is sent, then always filter against that list if any subsequent request is made.  I think something like this would work:

Smart List:
1. Trigger (Fills out Form) "Form Name
2. Filter Member of list:  (Not in)  "Already Sent Alert List"

Flow:
1. Send Alert
2. Add to list "Already Sent Alert List"

Schedule: Activate

The first campaign the lead will trigger by filling out a form for Product A, since they're not yet on the Already Sent Alert List, the lead will move to the flow stage.  The second time they fill out a form, the lead will match the trigger (by virtue of filling out the form), but won't pass to the Flow stage becuase they failed to match the filter portion (by virtue of already being in the list).

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm assuming you have a trigger campaign to send the alert--triggered off of filling the form to request the brief.  First thing to check is that in the Schedule tab you have the campaign set to "Lead can run through campaign once" instead of "every time."  That should stop subsequent alerts after the first goes out, even if the lead download the product brief multiple times.

If you're using mutiple trigger campaigns to send different alerts for each--say you're using different pages & forms and alert messages for different products--one way to limit the alerts is to add leads to a common list when the first alert is sent, then always filter against that list if any subsequent request is made.  I think something like this would work:

Smart List:
1. Trigger (Fills out Form) "Form Name
2. Filter Member of list:  (Not in)  "Already Sent Alert List"

Flow:
1. Send Alert
2. Add to list "Already Sent Alert List"

Schedule: Activate

The first campaign the lead will trigger by filling out a form for Product A, since they're not yet on the Already Sent Alert List, the lead will move to the flow stage.  The second time they fill out a form, the lead will match the trigger (by virtue of filling out the form), but won't pass to the Flow stage becuase they failed to match the filter portion (by virtue of already being in the list).

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sherry,

You can also consider using Round Robin in the Sync Lead to SFDC to "Owner" instead of the random assignment.
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Josh,

That wont work because we use a queue - all leads are assigned to a general pool until a rep obtains an opportunity.  This is why I have round robin set up.  I need to be able to stop the round robin though if there is an open activity.  Any way to do this?

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Steve,

You solution works perfectly!!!!!  I was thinking that because it was a visited page and not a form it wouldn't work but I didn't read carefully enough.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

Can you solve my other issue regarding sending an email to a contact when a field change is made on their contact record?  ;o)