Re: random line breaks in email

Becky_Lyttle
Level 1

random line breaks in email

I have searched the forum for help here but can't find any recent posts to help me. Our email is rendering fine in preview mode, but when we send, it is inserting random line breaks. I have inspected the HTML code and there are no <br> in the middle of the sentences. I have stripped formatting and re-typed the entire text. Refreshed. Closed out. Logged out. All to no avail.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

Any help would be appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Becky Lyttle​ ,

Would it be possible to send the HTML of this particular section or maybe provide a screen shot of the HTML for this section. That would give me a better perspective as to why this could be happening.

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Becky_Lyttle
Level 1

Thanks, I found an html guru in our office, the template had some code in it that was corrupting the actual send of the email... even the line break wasn't showing in the middle of the sentence itself.

Appreciate your quick response!!!

Darby_Jones1
Level 1

Had problems w/ line breaks a long time ago and this marketo community thread helped — talks about how admins can change the email editor's root block settings which decides how the editor codes a break when you press "enter." There's a lot of good info there that should help.

Best,

Darby Jones