SOLVED

"Wait" conundrum

Go to solution
edipyatic
Level 2

"Wait" conundrum

Hi all - I've read numerous posts and materials found here in the Community and such on Wait steps and I'm more and more confused. 

Desired action: Upon a form fill, wait 48 hours - skipping Sat. & Sun - to send follow-up email. 

We only want the follow-up email to be sent M-F. 

Fill out form...

• Mon., receive follow up on Wed.
  • Wed., receive follow up on Fri.
  • Fri., receive follow up on Mon. 

To test, from what I found and have read, I set up the wait step as (Only used 24 hours in test to get moving.)

• Wait - Until: "24 hours and wait must end Mon-Fri at 3:00 PM EDT"

My test, entered the flow on May 19 (Wed.) at 6:21pm.

• I did not receive the follow-up email on May 20 (Thurs.), and as of May 21 (Fri.) @ 1:29pm I still have not received the follow-up email.

SHOULD my Wait - Until: be set up as "24 hours and wait must end on Fri at 3:00 PM EDT" vs "Mon - Fri?

THANK YOU!

e

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: "Wait" conundrum

• I did not receive the follow-up email on May 20 (Thurs.), and as of May 21 (Fri.) @ 1:29pm I still have not received the follow-up email.

Right, because you entered the flow on Wednesday at 6pm; there's no delay on entering the flow. The clock started then. 24 hours later is Thursday at 6pm, which is outside the target range. It waits until the next time that's in the range.

The email will thus be sent at 3pm on Friday.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: "Wait" conundrum

Right, because you entered the flow on Wednesday at 6pm; there's no delay on entering the flow. The clock started then. 24 hours later is Thursday at 6pm, which is outside the target range. It waits until the next time that's in the range.

The email will thus be sent at 3pm on Friday.