SOLVED

"Upon Promotion" Smart Campaigns: How will once per day work?

Go to solution
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

"Upon Promotion" Smart Campaigns: How will once per day work?

I suspect that I know the answer to this, but interested to get some clarification from the Marketo PM people.

Suppose we have (as many do) behavior scoring smart campaigns triggered upon a web page visit, but with the flow-through rules set to "once per day"—upon a record's promotion to lead, will the lead run through that smart campaign once or the number of times she would have qualified had it been the normal spread of campaign flow? Example below.

Lead: Shelly Anderson

1/02/2016: Visits web page

1/04/2016: Visits web page

1/06/2016: Visits web page

1/08/2016: Visits web page

1/08/2016: Fills out form and becomes known

Smart campaign:

Trigger: Visits web page

Flow: Behavior Score +5

Qualification rules: Lead can flow through once per day

In the new world of no anonymous leads, does the lead get a behavior score of 20 from this, or a behavior score of 5?

Best,

Edward Unthank

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Re: "Upon Promotion" Smart Campaigns: How will once per day work?

Just confirmed with the Product Managers. The qualification rules will apply based on the date the activity occurred, not the date the lead becomes known. So, if the lead took actions on 5 different days, the "once per day" rule would apply to those respective days and the lead would go through 5 times. However, if the lead took the same 5 actions all on one day, they would only go through the campaign once.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Good question. Thanks for asking Edward

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Edward,

Good question. I believe it will go through each time since the corresponding activities occurred on different days, but I need to confirm that with Arjun Nair​. I'll have more info soon.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Edward,

Just following up to let you know I haven't forgotten the question. I've been talking with our Product Managers about it but we're still sorting that out. I'll let you know as soon as I have more info.

Mike_Reynolds2
Level 10

Just confirmed with the Product Managers. The qualification rules will apply based on the date the activity occurred, not the date the lead becomes known. So, if the lead took actions on 5 different days, the "once per day" rule would apply to those respective days and the lead would go through 5 times. However, if the lead took the same 5 actions all on one day, they would only go through the campaign once.