SOLVED

"Training Role" in Marketo?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Training Role" in Marketo?

I want to start training an employee on how to use Marketo. I'd like to give her access to all of Marketo so she can navigate the system at her own pace and learn how to use it.

I want her to have all access, but I want to limate the risk of allowing her to use it. For example, I want her to be able to send out an email to herself for practice purposes, but I don't want her to be able to send it to real leads. Is there a role that would be best for training purposes?

Thanks,

Steve

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Training Role" in Marketo?

I've created a Role for new onboards. It's basically "Marketing Limited" and the user cannot approve or delete anything, and this does apply to activating smart campaigns. If the user needed to send a test email to themselves, they would set up the smart campaign but I would activate/schedule.

One of the biggest benefits I've seen from this is that they are eager to complete my training sessions and the Marketo on-demand sessions. I also strongly encourage their managers to be part of their training, so approving all their work before launching their first campaign is essential. Then the user will receive greater access upon proving their knowledge.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Roles & Permissions don't get that granular. You'd probably have to setup a training workspace and partition only a handful of leads to be accessible to it...

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've created a Role for new onboards. It's basically "Marketing Limited" and the user cannot approve or delete anything, and this does apply to activating smart campaigns. If the user needed to send a test email to themselves, they would set up the smart campaign but I would activate/schedule.

One of the biggest benefits I've seen from this is that they are eager to complete my training sessions and the Marketo on-demand sessions. I also strongly encourage their managers to be part of their training, so approving all their work before launching their first campaign is essential. Then the user will receive greater access upon proving their knowledge.