SOLVED

"Filled Out Forms" Alert Help

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

"Filled Out Forms" Alert Help

Hi Everyone,

I sent out an email blast for an event this morning and set up an alert to notify our Sales Rep once people filled out the email RSVP form.  When I sent it, he received over 180+ emails saying that they registered for the event however the results are showing only one person has opened the email so far. I believe the alert was set up right but not sure. I almost wonder if I should have just left "if filled out form is "form name" and left the "email" below that blank and then under default choice had the "Email" OP-Lead Lifecycle sent to our Sales Rep left the way it is. Can anyone assist? Below are the pictures of the email alert he received along with the alert I set up Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

LR Alert.pngRegistration Notification.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: "Filled Out Forms" Alert Help

Hi Erica,

What you'll probably want to do is have a trigger campaign send the alert, instead of having a choice in the flow.  The trigger would be Fills Out Form, and the flow step would just be Send Alert without any need for choices.  This ensures that the alert only gets sent when the lead actually fills out the form.

In the flow step in your screenshot, the default choice is to send the alert, so it's always going to go out, even if they haven't filled out the form.

John

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Erica,

What you'll probably want to do is have a trigger campaign send the alert, instead of having a choice in the flow.  The trigger would be Fills Out Form, and the flow step would just be Send Alert without any need for choices.  This ensures that the alert only gets sent when the lead actually fills out the form.

In the flow step in your screenshot, the default choice is to send the alert, so it's always going to go out, even if they haven't filled out the form.

John

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much John, I really appreciate it! Would the trigger campaign be another "smart campaign" in addition to just the "email send" normal campaign I have set up for the email?