"engagement program" remove members from streams

Anonymous
Not applicable

"engagement program" remove members from streams

Hi -

How do I remove members from a stream? I'd like to remove all members from one stream and add new members there (I'd like to keep the same emails there).

Thank you.
Tags (1)
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "engagement program" remove members from streams

Do you want to remove them entirely from the program, including all their metrics?  Or do you plan to move them to a different stream or engagement program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

now THAT is customer support... the PM of the product jumping in there! way to go Cheryl C 🙂

I actually had a similar question. we have a few streams for personalized invites to a conference. when anyone registers for the conference, their status in the SFDC campaign changes to 'registered.'  I set up the transition rule in the engagement program to move this person upon being triggered by the SFDC campaign status change, to move to a final stream for registered leads. 

not really removing them from the engagement program, but moving them out of the 'worker streams' and into the one that we could then use to provide updates for our registered leads for the event.

good idea or pitfalls with that?
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you remove someone from a stream, you lose any and all metrics associated to the lead as a member of the engagement program.  So no pitfalls in my opinion here...and a very interesting use case for engagement!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Can't you just set them to Exhausted?

Could you transition them to an empty, paused stream?
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot set a lead to exhausted, only the system can do that.  Yes, you can transition them to an empty stream, or you can "pause" them in the stream.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suzanne - what is your purpose of removing members from the stream? As Cheryl suggested, you can PAUSE the current engagement members, which mimics the 'remove from campaign' function in a stand-alone campaign. Depending on the use-case you have, it might make sense to have a scalable campaign that will continually put "newly qualified leads" into the engagement program, such that there will always be people added to the engagement program depending on who qualifies for the engagement program, and you might not really need to REMOVE current members from the engagement program, unless of course you have multiple engagement programs/streams wherein you need to MOVE members from one engagement program/stream to the other.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all--

We have a similiar issue where we'd want to remove someone from a stream. Right now though, I can't figure out how to scalably use Engagement Streams to do what I describe below:

We have a General Nurtue Track set up for our leads to enter into. If they finish this track and still don't score high enough above the threshold, we basically hold them in limbo for 30 days and then send them down the same track.

What we have now is a separate smart campaign that removes them from that General Nurture Track campaign, wait 30 days, and then adds them back to General Nurture Track campaign again.

But it sounds like if I were to use the Engagement model and use the "remove from stream" and/or the "member of engagement program, status = false" then I'd lose all the metrics associated with the content that this lead has interacted with in the engagement. Is this correct?

Additionally, since Engagement Programs look at what content a lead has already received, I do not want to have to clone emails and create a clone stream because that's just not scalable.

Is there a way to accomplish what I'm describing above but also keep the metrics for that engagement program?
Anonymous
Not applicable

adding to this:

we have folks who accidently entered the stream (user error). I want them out the stream completely. How is this done?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Use Change Program Status and set them to NOT IN PROGRAM.  This removes them completely and any metrics assocated with their membership.