"Do Not Mail " filters not working - why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Do Not Mail " filters not working - why?

Can anyone tell me why a Do Not Mail filter would suddenly "stop working"?

I have several contacts in my Salesforce whose preferences are marked "Do Not Mail."  My Marketo filters are set to exclude "Do Not Mail" and "MKTO Don't Mail," as well as another category within Salesforce.

The filters were working for months....until yesterday. A contact reported receiving mail. Checking into it, he did. However, the preferences to not mail were checked! Nothing has changed with this contact nor with my filters (it's a simple "send mail" campaign and list set that I clone). He did not receive e-mail at a new address.

Why would this happen, and how do I fix it?

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Do Not Mail " filters not working - why?

Did you reconfirm that the filteres are included in the cloned campaign/program and that the logic rules are set properly (AND versus OR)?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did. That's why this is so perplexing - because the filters indicate that the e-mail should have been knocked out.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Is there a duplicate record with his info?

Was the email set to Operational?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought a duplicate record may have created the problem, but that wasn't it.

The e-mail was not set to Operational. Then again, none of my e-mails of this type are. Basically, these are just e-mail blasts with product information - we're not tracking clicks or sending people to landing pages. Could that be the issue - the fact that it's not Operational? And, if they have always not been Operational, why would the Do Not Mail address suddenly squeak by?