SOLVED

Queues in Salesforce and Sales Alerts in Marketo

Go to solution
Sherry_Hale
Level 4

Queues in Salesforce and Sales Alerts in Marketo

We are fairly new to Marketo but my boss would like to have leads NOT assigned to one person, but rather be sent into a queue where sales reps can then "work" the leads and not take ownership until an opportunity is created.  The problem is that he also wants to utilize sales alerts in Marketo.  How is the best way to handle this when the owner of the lead is under my name and in the lead queue until an opportunity is created? 

Any creative ideas or does anyone else follow this process?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Queues in Salesforce and Sales Alerts in Marketo

The Queue should be the Lead Owner until someone else takes it over.

The Sales Alert can be sent to any email address including the Lead Owner's email (if the Queue has an email listed on its profile). Use the box right below Lead Owner on Sales Alert flow action.

But you can also set SFDC to send an Alert from SFDC to all Queue Owners (those who can access the queue) whenever a new lead is added to the Queue. (or any other condition.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Queues aren't visible in Marketo (Lead owner and owner email are blank), what you can do is send an alert to sales whenever the lead is created or does any action (clicks a link, fills out a form etc...)
You can use this article to build the steps (Email alert and smart campaign): https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L7ci&src=comm

You can also send alerts via SF, when creating a queue you have the option to "Send alert to members", or even customize an email with Workflow.

Sherry_Hale
Level 4

thank you I appreciate that response.  The problem is how do I get the alert to go to the sales reps in that queue?  Same with using Insight...who will see the information?  Me since I'm the lead owner?  Is there a way that every member of that queue sees the insight information as well as gets an email alert?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Queue should be the Lead Owner until someone else takes it over.

The Sales Alert can be sent to any email address including the Lead Owner's email (if the Queue has an email listed on its profile). Use the box right below Lead Owner on Sales Alert flow action.

But you can also set SFDC to send an Alert from SFDC to all Queue Owners (those who can access the queue) whenever a new lead is added to the Queue. (or any other condition.
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

You need to set an alert using "Send Alert" flow step to any action that you want (Lead was created, lead filled out a specific form, lead clicked on a link etc...). You need to enter sales email address to "To Other Emails" (See below)
You can use "Add choice" to segment who you want to send the emails to. For example: If a lead was created from Eastern US, send alert to SalesRep1@yourcompany.com,SalesRep2@yourcompany.com. If a lead was created from Western US, send alert to SalesRep3@yourcompany.com,SalesRep4@yourcompany.com etc...

0EM50000000Prf7.jpg

As long as the lead is owned by a queue, lead owner information will be blank (name, email, phone), so it's not relevant to send alerts to the lead owner from Marketo.