SOLVED

Re: Questions About Marketo Insights for Chrome

Go to solution
Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Questions About Marketo Insights for Chrome

Recently discovered this awesome tool through the new years resolution post and have a few questions.

1.) Is it free?

2.) Does it log to salesforce as well?

Will it appear under the activity object or just the marketo sales insight object? We use the activity object for reports, and reporting related to sales insight is very limited.

3.) We use yesware now. Has anyone left yesware behind to adopt this or use both?

Your answers are appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

1) Yes...to download at least. You need to have some form of Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) in order to invite new users to use it after it's downloaded (they need a registration code that comes from Marketo).

2) No, it only logs "Sent Sales Email" or "Receive Sales Email" activities to Marketo. You could, of course, use those activities to change some lead fields that could be pushed to SFDC. Not sure what you mean by the activity part. The sales email-specific activities that occur in Gmail are logged against leads in your Marketo Lead Database.

3) It's very similar to Yesware, but more focused and integrated into what's happening in your Marketo instance. There are also some Account Based Marketing features in the plugin. Example: If I am sending an email to tony@acme.com, I can see all types of Marketo activities that have been logged for Tony (Filled out Form, Visited Web Page, Opened Marketing Email, Interesting Moment Logged, etc.). I can also see what recent activities have been logged for Tony's colleagues at Acme.com. Perhaps someone had already sent john@acme.com a sales email yesterday, I can sync up with the sales person who sent it to see how that went before emailing Tony. Plus a bunch of other cool features. I recommend just trying it out if you have seats available for the Email Add-in under Admin > Integration > Sales Insight

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi:

It is free with a subscription to Marketo.  I believe you get 5 free licenses with the product, if you need more then there is a fee

Yes, it logs into Salesforce and updates the MSI interface

Not sure about Yesware.

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Thanks for the information! Definitely helpful!

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

1) Yes...to download at least. You need to have some form of Marketo Sales Insight (MSI) in order to invite new users to use it after it's downloaded (they need a registration code that comes from Marketo).

2) No, it only logs "Sent Sales Email" or "Receive Sales Email" activities to Marketo. You could, of course, use those activities to change some lead fields that could be pushed to SFDC. Not sure what you mean by the activity part. The sales email-specific activities that occur in Gmail are logged against leads in your Marketo Lead Database.

3) It's very similar to Yesware, but more focused and integrated into what's happening in your Marketo instance. There are also some Account Based Marketing features in the plugin. Example: If I am sending an email to tony@acme.com, I can see all types of Marketo activities that have been logged for Tony (Filled out Form, Visited Web Page, Opened Marketing Email, Interesting Moment Logged, etc.). I can also see what recent activities have been logged for Tony's colleagues at Acme.com. Perhaps someone had already sent john@acme.com a sales email yesterday, I can sync up with the sales person who sent it to see how that went before emailing Tony. Plus a bunch of other cool features. I recommend just trying it out if you have seats available for the Email Add-in under Admin > Integration > Sales Insight

Amanda_Thomas6
Level 9

Awesome. Thanks for all the information!

Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Well regarding #2, this is half-correct.  You can enable your sales email activities to sync up to salesforce in your sync options: Customize Activities Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs