SOLVED

Question related to the article "Get Alerts for New Duplicate Leads"

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Question related to the article "Get Alerts for New Duplicate Leads"

Hi,

I have a question related to the article Get Alerts for New Duplicate Leads.
My goal is to identify all new duplicates within my database (not necessarily new records). I have read article and created following filters.
0EM50000000QND3.jpg
What I need to know is:
- will this smart list flag any new duplicates based on either Email Address OR Full Name or just the ones that have been newly created and imported in database

In order words, if an existing lead has two email addresses (e.g. cmaindron@ and c_maindron@) and the record number 2 email address is automatically overwritten by cmaindron@, will the lead be flagged in my smart list? or they won't because it's not a newly created lead.

Same case scenario if a Marketo user notices a typo in an email address (e.g. cmiandron@) and corrects it, will the cmaindron@ lead be flagged as we now have 2 records associated to this email address

Cécile @ Talend

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

Re: Question related to the article "Get Alerts for New Duplicate Leads"

It'll capture only new leads created. if you want to capture changes for email field, you can add "Data value changes" trigger (Attribute = Email address)

0EM50000000QND8.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Itay_Billet4
Level 8

It'll capture only new leads created. if you want to capture changes for email field, you can add "Data value changes" trigger (Attribute = Email address)

0EM50000000QND8.jpg
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

thanks Itay for your prompt answer. let's see if I get more results now!

Cécile @ Talend
Anonymous
Not applicable

Itay is correct.  We actually have separate alerts for Email duplicate and Name duplicate because the actions related to each are usually quite different (e.g. merge leads with duplicate email addresses vs. marking an older existing name duplicate as "No Longer with Company"). 

One problem we've found with Name duplicates is that even though a lead's existing record is already marked as "No Longer with Company", there isn't a way to exclude that single lead from the Duplicate Fields filter without excluding other unmarked lead records with the same name from the filter.  You can vote for the Add ability to exclude leads from Duplicate Fields filter Idea about this.