SOLVED

Question: Best Way to Manage Promo Person on Account Object

Go to solution
Troy_Larson1
Level 3

Question: Best Way to Manage Promo Person on Account Object

Hey There Fellow Marketo-ers!

I have a question for you all. We run an annual user group conference. Existing customers are given 2 free tickets to attend. We assign a person at a customer Account as a "VIP". (The VIP is basically the person with a promo code allowing for the 2 free tickets).

What we'd like to do is assign a person as a VIP on a customer Account Object in SFDC. Then, we can use tokens to auto-generate that VIP person's name in mails that we send out to other contacts in that Account. Basically saying reach out to your VIP at your company if you want to attend and use the free ticket you are allotted.

Last year we did this by assigning the VIP with the SFDC contact ID of that person and then creating a formula to pull in the actual name of the person that we would use as the token field in marketing emails. However, updating this didn't seem to work in Marketo. I reached out to support and got a response that formula fields on the Account Object in SFDC don't sync with Marketo - thus sometimes we'd update this in SFDC and resend mails, but the token in those mails was the old, un-updated VIP person.

My question to you all is this: Is there a way where we can pull this off with the bi-directional sync? That way we can update the VIPs and resend mail to that account with the appropriate person being populated in the token?

Thanks,

-Troy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Question: Best Way to Manage Promo Person on Account Object

Seems to me the easiest way to get where you want to be is to have this field be a real String field, not a formula, that you stamp using an Apex trigger.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Seems to me the easiest way to get where you want to be is to have this field be a real String field, not a formula, that you stamp using an Apex trigger.

Troy_Larson1
Level 3

Thanks Sanford. Going to give that a try.