SOLVED

Question About Sending Emails from SFDC

Go to solution
Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Question About Sending Emails from SFDC

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if there was a way to create an alert for the sales reps that would show up before sending an email?  The alert would be something to the effect of this person has been sent an email from Marketo for the following Campaigns and the 5 most recent campaign names would then be listed.

Then a question below "Are you sure you want to send this email?"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Question About Sending Emails from SFDC

Hi Eric,

No approach will be perfect, and you will not be able to let the sales add a personal message without letting them a great bunch of flexibility and therefore not been able to control what they do, hence the risk of errors or non timeliness.

You would have a simple field in SFDC set up so that the sales can enter simple message and use this field as a token in the email.

You also can run a batch every day that look for all leads who have attended the show and qualify as having the correct data. Set the batch so that each lead can run through the flow once. Therefore, every day, each lead which could not qualify the previous days for lack of data will be able to qualify if the data has been corrected. And they will qualify once and only once.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eric,

This is very difficult, because Marketo email data is not stored in SFDC.

The only alternative I see would be to use the salesforce campaign object, but even though, it would take some custom development.

-Greg

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Great point Greg. Maybe more information on what I am trying to achieve would yield more insightful approaches.

Let's say that as a company we email customers that we are attending a show, and our sales reps want to be able to add people to that email after the fact. Now I know I can push the email to SFDC and give them the ability to send it to their customers and anyone who may have been missed, but is there a way to control that and help prevent the rep from sending it to customers that already received the company email?

Also is there a way to pull the metrics from that email and to see who the sales reps have sent the email to?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eric,

Why don't you have the email sent by Marketo on behalf of the account owner?

You can even do this with a smart campaign that checks that the email was not already sent.

This smart campaign can either be made available from sales insight, or triggered when the sales add the contact to a specific SFDC campaign.

Then you will have the metrics from the smart campaign members.

-Greg

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

Greg,

I was thinking about that, but there is a reason the individuals were missed (usually because of lack of data). I could set it up that the reps add the individual to a specific campaign and everyone who is added to the campaign will be sent the email, and it can verify against the list.

There are 2 challenges with that:

1) Having reps add a person to a specific Marketo campaign could lead to error

2) Having reps add person to an SFDC Campaign would not be an immediate turn over that means they can't personally follow up in the limited amount of time.

Plus I want the team to be able to add their personalized message if needed.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eric,

No approach will be perfect, and you will not be able to let the sales add a personal message without letting them a great bunch of flexibility and therefore not been able to control what they do, hence the risk of errors or non timeliness.

You would have a simple field in SFDC set up so that the sales can enter simple message and use this field as a token in the email.

You also can run a batch every day that look for all leads who have attended the show and qualify as having the correct data. Set the batch so that each lead can run through the flow once. Therefore, every day, each lead which could not qualify the previous days for lack of data will be able to qualify if the data has been corrected. And they will qualify once and only once.

-Greg

Eric_Salamon1
Level 6

That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to see if anyone else could offer other suggestions.