Pushing Leads Marketo <> Salesforce

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pushing Leads Marketo <> Salesforce

Hi All,

We will be implementing Marketo as our Marketing Automation Tool and Salesforce as our CRM.

We have planned an architecture in such a way that, Marketo will interact with our parent product (website) related database via Salesforce, i.e., any prime stage for a recruiter(employer/lead) gets trapped in the product database first, gets pushed onto Salesforce Database and from Salesforce, these lead details are sent to Marketo leads records database for nurturing and engagement purposes.

I would like your opinion in this regard. Is creating leads in Marketo via Salesforce push a good way, or should we rather create leads in Marketo first and then push these leads data to Salesforce ? If creating leads first in Marketo and then pushing it forward is a better approach, why is it and how do we do that , as in how do we generate leads in Marketo ?

Thank You!

Prabash Rath

Babajob.com, Bangalore, India.

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Pushing Leads Marketo <> Salesforce

This is a big question. Let's discuss a few points.

Right now you want your website forms to go to some custom CRM which then pushes the lead to SFDC. Marketo will then see the new lead in SFDC and bring it over. The implications are

• Marketo will not dedupe from SFDC, so I hope your custom database or SFDC are deduping.
  • You will likely lose behavior data because Marketo won't be able to connect the form fill to the cookie.

Is there a reason you want to do it this way? I'm not saying this is inherently bad, but you should have a good reason to do so.

The standard approach is

• Website and Forms linked to Marketo.
  • Marketo dedupes records
  • You setup a process for pushing leads to SFDC (all, some, only at MQL, etc...)
  • SFDC OR Marketo can push leads to your custom CRM using the API. You would have to determine this process and when, why, how.