Re: Purposefully delaying Landing Pages for tokens to populate.

James_Leedom1
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

Purposefully delaying Landing Pages for tokens to populate.

I've noticed that our "Add to calendar" token is not populating our webinar URL token thats hosted through WebEx. Essentially, we have a token that populates correctly, but only after about 15 seconds. It has to send information to the webinar provider and respond to Marketo in order for this token to generate an individual URL for our webinar. What would be a great problem solver is if we can delay the loading of the follow up landing page (Thank you page) long enough for this token to come through in our "add to calendar" token. A token within a token. It works very well when we send that out in the confirmation email, but Marketo is just too quick in the landing page response. Any ideas or information?

Thanks,

James

3 REPLIES 3
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I am not sure if this would be considered

Maybe someone with more experience could weigh in, as I don't typically include the webinar URL token in my Save the Date.

James_Leedom1
Level 2 - Champion Alumni

Ah, I see what you're saying. I do not believe that this would be considered the same, as the Webinar URL token that I'm using lives in the description portion of the "Save the date" token. It isn't written into the email, but rather accessed through the "My Tokens" tab of the program level. It will populate just fine after refreshing the page, it's just that initial "Thank you" page load that doesn't wait long enough for it to generate the token.

Thanks for sending a link to the nested tokens, Jennifer! That is a wonderful idea and I hope that it gets implemented with the new updates.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You *can* do this by polling a hidden iframe every second. Whether you *should* do this from a UX perspective is up to you. I guess "Generating your webinar invite, please wait for up to 15 seconds" might work, but....