Pull list from Salesforce into Marketo

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Pull list from Salesforce into Marketo

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is possible or maybe you guys can tell me a better way of doing it. 

When a lead is created in SF he is assigned a Relationship Team.  In SF there is an accompanying drop down that lists the team members which could be between 1 and 8 people. 

What I want to do is send the new lead a welcome email when they are created in the system and in the body of the email I want to list the relationship managers associated with their account.  Is there a way to do this?  I know how to pull individual fields but is there a way to populate an email with a list that can vary in size in each account?

Thanks for the help.

Gerard

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Pull list from Salesforce into Marketo

Are we talking about a true Account at the database level, or a practical/effective notion of an account that's actually a multi-select field right on the lead/contact?  Is Relationship Team an SFDC object?  Need some more detail here.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Relationship team is a SFDC object and it has a list associated with it but it varies in size from team to team.  Based on which relationship team is assigned to the lead I then want to copy into the body of the email the list of relationship team members along with their contact details.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Gerard, does the Relationship Team object house the team member's contact details or is this linked to the User profile? I'm asking as we have various lookups from Opportunity/Account to Users and I use a workflow to stamp Name, Email and Phone for those individuals on the Account to be easily pulled into Marketo emails.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

My follow-up question is a lot like Emily's. If the Relationship Team has a local list of team members (local to the RT object) on it, that will be trivial to extract using an email script.  But if the team members are actually linked from the Users object, that's going to be a bigger project and is probably going to involve flattening/denormalizing the team member data onto another object in order to to use it in Marketo.