Progressive Profiling - Only Show Required Fields First Visit

Anonymous
Not applicable

Progressive Profiling - Only Show Required Fields First Visit

We are redoing our forms to optimize reg rates. I only want to show FIRST, LAST and EMAIL on the first visit and get the rest of the data later

On the second visit, we want to show the prefilled FIRST, LAST and EMAIL along with 3 other progessive profiling fields.

The issue is the six fields are always appearing on frst visit when I require the first three and indicate three for the number of blank fields.

Am I doing something wrong? Is what I am asking for unsupported? Is there some kind of custom code available? Feature coming in forms 2.0?  Any other ideas?

Thanks

0EM50000000QYXM.jpg
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progressive Profiling - Only Show Required Fields First Visit

Jeff,

Check out this KB article and mirror the setup, should fix you right up.

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqlCAC
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Progressive Profiling - Only Show Required Fields First Visit

Thanks Jeff. I've tried numerous options but can't figure it out for my use case.

I have tried the ALWAYS show email address checkbox option w 2 Blank fields as shown below. That works like a charm for showing Email, First, Last on the first visit. On return visits, only the email address is shown

What's the issue? We've found that people return and sometimes change their email address or passes a cookied link to someone else who enters a new email that always shows. In this case, a new lead is created without First, Last and that lead ends up getting rejected by SF because there is no First or Last name. We always want form submission leads to pass over.

0EM50000000QYfZ.jpg