SOLVED

Progressive Profiling not requiring required fields

Go to solution
Ann_Persin
Level 2

Progressive Profiling not requiring required fields

I am having issues with progressive profiling and hope you can help! As of now the only field not considered progressive is the email address, all other fields are based on the cookies.

Recently we've been getting lots of form fills that are missing the required fields to sync to Salesforce (even though these fields are required in the form). We figured out it's because a computer is already cookied so when the form shows up it just asks for the email address and then if a different email address is put in then what was entered previously the form still goes through as complete but on the backend all the fields except for email is missing. 

Is there a way to keep progressive profiling on our forms but if a different email address has been entered then what was previously cookied it would require all the other fields to be filled out? 

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling not requiring required fields

Mark the Email Address field as read-only. Give them a simple “Not You?” button if they want to change it. When they click that button, clear their cookie and reload the page. Darshil referenced my Not You? code here and that thread is also informative.

A more elegant extension of this solution would be to reload the (now full) form without fully reloading the page. Not difficult by any stretch, but more custom JS.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling not requiring required fields

Mark the Email Address field as read-only. Give them a simple “Not You?” button if they want to change it. When they click that button, clear their cookie and reload the page. Darshil referenced my Not You? code here and that thread is also informative.

A more elegant extension of this solution would be to reload the (now full) form without fully reloading the page. Not difficult by any stretch, but more custom JS.