Hi there

I created a progressive profiling form and consists of:

#1 first form fill
First Name
Last Name
Email
Opt In

CTA (Download now)

After the user fills out the first part and if they come along the following day I want to be able to show the following form fill

#2 form fill
Email (auto-populated)
Phone
Question 1 - Yes/No
If yes (Text box field)

#3 form fill
Thirdly, if they fill the above out and come along to our site the following day they are presented with another form fill
Email (auto-populated)
Venue Type
Current POS
Book a demo? Yes/No

#4 form fill
And finally, again if they visit the site again, they will be presented with the following info to fill out
Email (auto-populated)
Book a demo? Yes/No

This is to all be in 1 form.
Is this possible within Marketo to set something like this up?

I have everything in form #1 outside the profiling box in marketo and when I preview it I'm seeing First name/Last name/Email/ Opt In and Question #1 which is part of the profiling in form fill #2

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling Forms

[#1]

First Name
Last Name
Email
Opt In

From this step alone it's clear you would need to reorder the ProgPro fields, because Email Address cannot be a ProgPro field if it is shown every time (it's an Always-On field). If you could place it at the top (above the ProgPro) instead of 3rd you wouldn't need any supplementary JS -- for this step at least.

[#2]

Email (auto-populated)
Phone
Question 1 - Yes/No
If yes (Text box field)

ProgPro and Visibility Rules don't play together very well.

You would be using VRs to make the Textbox field show only if Question 1 = Yes. Question 1 is a ProgPro field, but the dependent Textbox field is not itself a ProgPro field (you should tell me what the name of that field is, it's a lot more helpful than using generic names). But in order to keep the display order you show here, again you have to use the reordering JS linked above, otherwise the Textbox field will be above Question 1.

In addition, note your Question 1 can't be a Checkbox field tied to a Boolean in the Marketo database. This is because a Boolean field that's set to false is considered "unfilled" (empty) from a ProgPro standpoint and thus you'll never progress beyond it. There are a couple of workarounds. The easiest is to use a String field.

[#3]

Email (auto-populated)
Venue Type
Current POS
Book a demo? Yes/No

There is 1 definite problem here and 1 potential problem. 

Definite problem: #3 has 3 ProgPro fields (Venue Type, Current POS, Book a Demo), which is the same number of fields as in #1. But #2 shows only 2 ProgPro fields (again, the supplementary Textbox in #2 is not ProgPro, it depends on a ProgPro field). ProgPro shows a fixed max number of fields, so this 3-2-3 sequence won't work out of the box.

Potential problem: the Boolean datatype for Book a Demo as noted under #2.

[#4]

Email (auto-populated)
Book a demo? Yes/No

This implies Book a Demo is neither fully ProgPro nor fully Always-On. You want to hide it for #1 and #2 but show it for #3 and #4. That functionality is something that's going to need custom code.

Overall, I don't find your form progression to be unreasonable or crazily complex. It seems well-thought-out, and (off the top of my head) perfectly comfortable for users. Nevertheless, it can't be implemented with the Form Editor UI options alone. You're going to need a Marketo-savvy JS developer to write supplementary/replacement code to accomplish this not-quite-garden-variety form of Progressive Profiling.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Progressive Profiling Forms

OP please return to the thread and read my timely response.