Programs or campaigns for emails to a event

Anonymous
Not applicable

Programs or campaigns for emails to a event

Hi all,

I have an event that includes several emails - first invite, second invite, reminder etc. Should I create each of these emails as a new program or should I make a folder and a campaign for each of them? I fear by having them as a programs it might get messy regarding reports and also sync to Salesforce, but if I dont have them as programs I might loose some tracking on each mails. 

Do you have any best practice on how to structure and event with several emails?

hope you can help

Best regards

Christoffer 

Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Programs or campaigns for emails to a event

Hi Christoffer,

You should have 1 program for your event and everything included in there. Use a type = event so that you also benefit from Calendar features on this.

Inside that program, you can have your emails stored in sub-folders. You could also have email programs nested in your event program.

Typical structure we use is:

pastedImage_0.png

-Greg

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire Michel is correct in this approach.

We use a similar structure.

Another thing for events (mainly webinars) is you may want to set up an On-Demand (OD) event afterwards that would direct the user to the recording of the event.

Event-structure.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

We do not have a folder for forms because the forms are shared in the design studio.

-Greg

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I might be the odd one out here, but I create an umbrella Event Program and then make each email its own Program nested within the Event. This is, of course, with the exception of the autoresponder email in webinars; this needs to be located directly under the umbrella Program to populate the webinar URL token.

You won't lose tracking on the emails by hosting them separately (you can create an Email Report for all of them, if you'd like), but I like having the email dashboard for each. I also trigger follow-up campaigns based on their member status within each Email Program.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jennifer,

no, you are not the odd one

As I wrote:

You could also have email programs nested in your event program

-Greg

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Grégoire Michel

It depends on what you consider odd... Jennifer DiMaria​,  I mean you do come from the same general area as the 'rest' of my family, so.... just sayin'    J/K

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Thankfully I'm a bit further south now   I got the heck out of dodge!

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is another example of how to structure your folders within your Event Program

Screen Shot 2016-05-26 at 4.02.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-05-26 at 4.02.50 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Karina,

I would not add the "Easterhow" word in the email names, as this is already in the program name. And probably not the send date neither.

The reasons for not doing this is that, if you clone the program, you would have to rename each email, which would cost you some time.

-Greg