SOLVED

ProgramMembers BulkAPI using UpdatedAt as filter

Go to solution
wzghaer
Level 1

ProgramMembers BulkAPI using UpdatedAt as filter

Hi team,

I am trying to extract data from ProgramMembers using BulkAPI and filter on UpdatedAt.

I tested the API call in Postman as below.

POST {{url}}/bulk/v1/program/members/export/create.json?access_token={{access_token}}

Body:

"format": "CSV",

"fields": [ 

"membershipDate",

"program",

"programId",

"statusName",

"leadId",

"reachedSuccess",

"createdAt",

"isExhausted",

"membershipDate",

"updatedAt"

],

"filter": { 

"updatedAt": {

"startAt": "2023-05-10T23:59:59-00:00",

"endAt": "2023-05-11T23:59:59-00:00"

}

} 

}

Response:

{

"requestId": "15153#1890110b9dd",

"success": false,

"errors": [

{

"code": "1003",

"message": "filter not specified"

}

]

}

I am not getting “1035, Unsupported filter type for target subscription”, can you please help to understand what is wrong in my request is it the date format or the filter is not really supported?

Appreciate any feedback.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: ProgramMembers BulkAPI using UpdatedAt as filter

Well, program members are inherently tied to the programs (w/o program references, they're just people)- I don't think it'd make sense to export program member data w/o mentioning the id(s) of the program(s) in the first place. That's the reason Marketo has made the programId/programIds filter mandatory for this endpoint. You should check out the developer documentation on Bulk Program Member Extract., it says the same too (check highlighted line in the snapshot from it).

Additionally, if you don't have additional infrastructure components provisoned in your instance to support using the updatedAt filter, you'd be getting the 1035, Unsupported filter type for target subscription error instead, but do you see that error when you use the updatedAt filter along with the programId/programIds filter? If not, then you should be good w.r.t. it.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1688035258656.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

Well, as a matter of fact for creating the program member bulk export job, you must specify either the programId or the programIds filter. All other filters are optional. I don't see you including either of these filters in your request body which is most likely the reason you're getting 1003: filter not specified error. Can you include the programid/s filter and try again?

wzghaer
Level 1

Hi Darshil,

thank you for the quick response, the idea is not to relay on ProgamId and use updatedAt as filter to get the incremental data, According to Documentation UpdatedAt is not enabled for all customers so, my understand we might need to subscribe for it before start using it as filter is my understanding correct?  other than that, the bulk API is working when using ProgramId as filter.

Regards

Wissam

Darshil_Shah1

Well, program members are inherently tied to the programs (w/o program references, they're just people)- I don't think it'd make sense to export program member data w/o mentioning the id(s) of the program(s) in the first place. That's the reason Marketo has made the programId/programIds filter mandatory for this endpoint. You should check out the developer documentation on Bulk Program Member Extract., it says the same too (check highlighted line in the snapshot from it).

Additionally, if you don't have additional infrastructure components provisoned in your instance to support using the updatedAt filter, you'd be getting the 1035, Unsupported filter type for target subscription error instead, but do you see that error when you use the updatedAt filter along with the programId/programIds filter? If not, then you should be good w.r.t. it.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1688035258656.png