Program with 2 smart campaigns inside Engagement Program?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program with 2 smart campaigns inside Engagement Program?

I am wondering if this can be done...I'd like to add a Program within the Engagement stream. I have two emails within the Program that I'd like to go to two different segments - I have them right now defined in the Smart List within two different smart campaigns. I am not using Segmentation & Dynamic Content for this (but maybe that's my answer)....when I go to add the Program to the Engagement stream, it won't let me add both smart campaigns to the stream, only one or the other. I can do the email send in the Program itself and not put into the stream, but I really wanted the same tracking I have for all other engagement emails on this as well. So the one campaign bascially says "If you're healthcare, send this email" and second campaign "If you're not healthcare, send the other email". Any advice? Thanks!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Program with 2 smart campaigns inside Engagement Program?

Hi Joy, could you do two different streams? It seems like this would solve the problem... One stream if you're in healthcare, one stream if you aren't.

The segments/dynamic content could also work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dory. Thanks! You know what? We pulled our Healthcare leads out of our main nurture engagement stream, so you're right, I can just create another stream. I think that'll work. Maybe not the smoothest solution, but it works! P.S. We're building a lifecycle nurture engagement program where we'll have different streams to better align with our modeler. Thanks again!
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

While it sounds like you've decided to go with the two stream route, I've set up an engagement program to go the way you had originally visualized. All you need to do is set criteria on the email send portion of your trigger campaign.

So you would select the smart campaign from the engagement side, then within that campaign you have to have the mandatory "Member of Engagement Program" in the smart list. Then in the flow, you'd have "Send Email," but add criteria to designate which email you'd send. So you could do "Industry = Healthcare" and have that send your healthcare email. Otherwise, the default sends the non-healthcare email.