Re: Program Strategy for our Assets and Channels with RCA

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program Strategy for our Assets and Channels with RCA

We have multiple white papers and analyt reports that reside on our website. Leads can access these assets by filling in a form. We are caputring how the visitor arrives to the form by using the utm_source and other parameters powered by Google Analytics.

Now the problem is, visitors can come to the form using a variety of channels (organic, adwords, referral, direct etc.) How can I track this information in Marketo and RCA? How can i track leads that use organic channel multiple times to access our collateral?

Thanks,
Ryota
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Program Strategy for our Assets and Channels with RCA

I'll assume each white paper and report has its own registration form.  

You can create a hidden field on the form to capture this information: for example, you can add "utm_source" as a hidden field and capture the information in tandem with Google Analytics.  For sources that don't explicitly use this parameter, you can add it to the URL link: you would request a third party referring website to use a specific link that identifies them as the source.

This gets complicated if leads are going to your homepage rather than directly to a landing page; you'll need to implement a custom cookie to carry the informaiton across the pages.

Ultimately you will still have multiple sources of data to reconcile: GA can share the sources of traffic and how many convert, while Marketo will tell you how many convert on each offer and then turn into revenue.