Program Membership, Success, and RCA

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Program Membership, Success, and RCA

I am curious how the date of membership affects reporting in Program Analyzer and RCA.
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KypUCAS

This makes me think that it does.

I'd like to add leads who have a particular URL stamp to a series of Programs. These leads were not previously members, but would have been had the Program been active. It would be nice to have a history of activity over time.

I suspect that if I do this, the data will be skewed because thousands of leads would enter the Programs in February 2014, when they should have been spread out over 2010-2013.

thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Program Membership, Success, and RCA

It does have an affect if you bring in cost and/or time into that analyzer to report on.
Leads do get time stamped as they become members of a program and if there is a cost period it will be linked to that cost period month. All members will get linked to other cost months when they are acquired/become members.

I don’t think back-dating cost periods will work either-not tried it. But leads will get linked to that last cost month or if no cost month is present then it’s the acquisition membership month.

Marketo teaches us that we add more cost period months to programs that are running into several months. I think you could still use the analyzer but not against time or cost, because I believe your first thought is correct, they will get a Feb 2014 stamp.
Michael_Langell
Level 4

Re: Program Membership, Success, and RCA

I thought it was the Acqusition Date and the Success Date that mattered for RCA and the Program analyzer.  Success Date though is not easily visible in Marketo, I am not really sure how to access it besides the change program success flow step.