Problems with moving accross workspaces - best practices?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems with moving accross workspaces - best practices?

Hi,

I am looking for some best practices around sharing programs between workspaces. We have a central workspace with program templates from where they can be cloned and moved into regional workspaces but we are running into a lot of issues with moving assets. I.e. you cannot move a program with snippets, using segmentations, with 'Change program status' flow steps, etc. This is making our life very complicated! Does anyone have a best practice for sharing program templates across workspaces in a global enterprise with multiple workspaces and partitions? Thanks in advance!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Problems with moving accross workspaces - best practices?

You should remove snippets and status changes in your Program Templates. Each WS has its own snippets, assets, and templates. Odd that you can't do the program status though.

I would clone them over to each Workspace and adjust there once you are done. The purpose of the WS is to keep assets separate in the first place, so I suspect Marketo did not fully anticipate this use case
Anonymous
Not applicable

As Josh mentioned, I've had the best luck cloning to other workspaces.   I've found it easier to build the assets wrapped up into a program and then clone the program while in Marketing Activities. 

1. Make the page templates in 1 workspace and share the folder to the others (this has a side effect of only being able to edit the template from the workspace it lives in.  This is great for us but might not work for all companies)

2. Make a folder in workspace 1 and share it with workspace 2.
Then make another folder in workspace 2 and share it with workspace 1. 

3. Clone the program from one folder to the other.  This won't work as intended if the landing page asset lives in the Design Studio.  However, if the page template was created under the program than it seems to clone over pretty well. 

4. After cloning fix the flow steps and set program tokens if applicable.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tips! I'll try them out and let you know if they work for us. 🙂