SOLVED

Re: Problems A/B testing emails within an engagement program

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problems A/B testing emails within an engagement program

I setup an email subject line A/B test. The emails were sent as part of a smart campaign within an engagement stream. However, the smart campaign only emailed the one version of the subject line and not the other. Any ideas why this happened. I used the challenger/champion model and made sure all the subject lines were approved for the test before the smart campaign was initiated.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

You can't use the champion/challenger in an engagement stream PROGRAM. It will work only if you add the email directly to the stream. Vote for that to be fixed here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JwKxAAK

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

You can't use the champion/challenger in an engagement stream PROGRAM. It will work only if you add the email directly to the stream. Vote for that to be fixed here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JwKxAAK
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Matt - where did the link to that idea go? I can tell it was linked from the old community, but curious where it's new home is on this community. Would like to vote on this as it's a frustrating issue to deal with right now.    

Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Unfortunately I can't find it now... I've not had a lot of luck finding where a lot of content was migrated to when Marketo switched.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Yup. Unfortunately as Matt said, this isn't supported in any type of batch campaigns. I've gone back and forth with Marketo for some time over this, so hopefully they're able to resolve it in the not-so-far future!
David_Mason1
Level 3

I like this, too. Does anyone have a link to an IDEA around this so we can vote it up?!