SOLVED

Re: Problem Syncing Opportunity Data from SalesForce

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Problem Syncing Opportunity Data from SalesForce

Hello everyone!

I'm having some trouble with Data Sync. from SalesForce. 

Our typical process in SF is to create Leads and then convert Leads to Person Accounts and Opportunities. When this process is followed, data syncs over with no problem to Marketo. 

Recently, I created Accounts and Opportunities using a dataloader tool in SalesForce.  I created the realtionship between these two objects and they're def. setup correctly in SalesForce.  The problem is that the  Opportunity Data is not syncing over to Marketo. 

I created a Ticket with Marketo and they said that I need to have a Contact in SF in order for Opp data to sync.  But Account/Contacts are the same for Person Accounts, and I verified that a Contact record and Account Records exists in the DB. 

I also created a second opportunity for some of the leads to see if it would Sync over and they didn't either.  It seems like the account record itself has a problem or maybe the opportunity only syncs over during lead conversion process. 

Any ideas?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Amir,

You need to have an Opportunity Contact Role linking the Opportunity to the Person record for the data association to be made correctly in Marketo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Amir,

You need to have an Opportunity Contact Role linking the Opportunity to the Person record for the data association to be made correctly in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow great answer!!! Worked for me. 

How is that Marketo support couldn't give me the same answer??  🙂

Thanks.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Amir,

I just checked in on your ticket, and the assigned engineer provided the same information.  You may have missed the follow-up response.