Proactive Approach

Anonymous
Not applicable

Proactive Approach

Hi all!
I'm hoping to lean on some veterens here.  I have been tasked with coming up with a proactive approach to our Marketo usage, rather than reactive to what other teams need.  We do drip campaigns for lead generation, a few tradeshow emails and emails to current customers reminding them to purchase if they haven't in a while. 
I'd like use the calendar and come up with an approach that details what WE'RE gonna do in marketing, instead of the wait for a project.   Any ideas or maketing calender suggestions would be much appreciated.  I'm new to marketing so my knowledge is green.
Thank you in advance!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Proactive Approach

You should review all of the events and product releases.

Then think about moving your drip campaigns to Engagements to make them more robust and easier to use.

Create new nurturing Engagements for different services, interests, types of people.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Melinda, another place to get ideas of great things that people have done using Marketo is the Summit recordings. This is where you can get some really great outside of the box ideas, and guidance of how to implement the ideas. 

Also, it can be really helpful to see if your sales team has any anecdotal feedback about what type of emails have worked, and what they might like to see. 

Best of luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depending on the type of organization you work in, I would also encourage you to be proactive by trying to align your calendar and marketing activities to the organization's goals - directly.

What's the company's financial goal for the Q4? And then what are the revenue goals for Q1, Q2, Q3 and Q4 of 2015? How many new customers does that represent? Therefore how big does the sales pipeline need to be? And therefore, how much demand or engagement do you need to drive? Which marketing activites generate the best/most engagement?

Put together a marketing plan that aligns with the sales plan, and matches the milestones by date/calendar. Then be proactive about monitoring whether you're delivering results according to plan or if you're falling short - and if so, what can you do to improve - and do you have the budget to do it all?