SOLVED

Re: Prevent Marketo utm code on 3rd party site

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prevent Marketo utm code on 3rd party site

I am sending an email with a text link to a 3rd party website (trade show site). However, the link does not work (error comes up) when you click through the email to it. I think it is due to the utm code automatically generated by Marketo at the end of the URL. For some reason the 3rd party site doesn't support the extra code. I did not add any extra utm parameters. Any ideas on how to set up the hyperlink to not add any extra code in the URL? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sommer,

By default, all links you add to Marketo Emails will get additional parameters in order to track clicks to the link. Some websites do not support URL parameters and the links don't work.

For these sites you can disable the tracking code from being added to the link, take a look at the following article for instructions:

Disable Tracking for an Email Link

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction!

Reza.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's the URL you're using?
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqCCAS

Read that and apply the "mktNoTok" class to your links in the email.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Sommer,

By default, all links you add to Marketo Emails will get additional parameters in order to track clicks to the link. Some websites do not support URL parameters and the links don't work.

For these sites you can disable the tracking code from being added to the link, take a look at the following article for instructions:

Disable Tracking for an Email Link

I hope this helps to point you in the right direction!

Reza.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! The "mktNoTok" class worked.