Post follow up for on demand webinars

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post follow up for on demand webinars

We typically send a 'thank you' or sorry you missed us' email follow up to those webinar registrants, but are having difficulities in terms of how to track those who watched the recordings.

We came up with two different options to track this, but was wondering what your opinions/best practices are:
  1. Do you recommend putting a form on the page? Not sure if this is best user experience to ask them to fill out another form even though they have already registered for the webinar =P
  2. Can you create a direct link which has the embedded video? If we go down this path, would be setup a trigger off of clicks link contains on demand recording or something along those lines?
Any feedback would  be greatly appreciated!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post follow up for on demand webinars

Hey Michelle,

One idea would be to put the link to the recorded webinar in the Sorry We Missed You follow up email. I wouldn't have this form protected because as you said, they have already filled out the form. Then, you can have a trigger campaign for those who click that link within the email, have a wait step for the length of the webinar plus a little, then send them an email thanking them for watching the rebroadcast and see if they have any questions.

The link would be for the page that the rebroadcast is embedded on.
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Re: Post follow up for on demand webinars

What webinar provider are you using?

ON24 had separate tracking for those people who viewed the webinar on-demand.  The data usually took a couple hours to sync over, but once the webinar had been held, my triggers would watch for activity and fire off different campaigns based on that.  People who were no-shows were sent an email with the on-demand link, and ON24 would be able to capture that and sync it back into Marketo (thus triggering some other on-demand viewing campaigns).

I hope I wrote all that coherently 🙂

Not sure if other providers have the same functionality, but if not, your and Jeff's original idea should work pretty well!