Re: Possible to exclude small email sends in Email Performance reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to exclude small email sends in Email Performance reports?

I have a report I use often which lists out email performance over the last 60 days, and I can see my open rates, click rates, deliverability, etc, on a global scale. 

But, I only want it to show me our big email sends, not all of the operational email or nurture emails like Webinar Confirmations, etc.  Anyone know how to do this?

I realize you could select every email you want to INCLUDE, but this wouldn't work as an ongoing report as you'd have to update this every time you have a new email. I suppose you could add all your operational and nurture emails into a single program and include everything but that, but I don't think that's the right way to go about it. I see there's also a possibility of using segmentation, but I don't think that'd help here, as I want to filter on the emails, not on the people.  Thoughts? Will Josh know the answer?

2 REPLIES 2
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

First, you need to define what constitutes emails that you don't want to track - perhaps certain identifiable keywords in the program name, specific programs/channels, etc.  Once you have that, you can easily exclude those email sends using the powerful filtering and reporting capabilities in RCE.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, but this means that i need to have a naming convention that includes the distribution size of the email. I'm hoping that the size of the send can be a filter criteria.