SOLVED

Possible to add which form was filled out to a smart list?

Go to solution
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Possible to add which form was filled out to a smart list?

The only problem I see with that is that new leads may never have had that field populated, so that field would be empty, and they'd never run through this campaign.  Honestly, I don't think the choice in the flow step is necessary if you're wanting this to work for all forms in the instance anyway.

John

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Ok John, you've officially lost me now. LOL.

For this smart campaign, I need to have a flow step that specifies what happens with the last form title. This is my only flow step, and it is making me choose something. If I don't do this, I don't understand what I am supposed to do. I'm not clear either why new leads would never have the field populated. Please help!

The first image below is how I've had it set up. The second image is just the default, which again, is only giving me the option to select 6 forms (I have a lot more than that, both new and old). I'm totally lost on what is going on here.

Capture.JPG

Capture 2.JPG

John_Clark1
Level 10

Ok, the reason the drop down is only giving you the 6 options is because those are the only values currently in that field in your database.  The new form names you cloned have not been populated in that field ever, so the suggestions for the drop down don't see it.

That's ok though, it doesn't matter what values are there now, and it doesn't really matter what value is in the that field when a lead triggers this campaign because this field is going to be overwritten with whatever form they filled out to trigger the campaign, right?

So your first image is using a choice to decide whether or not to write the token value to that field based on what value is in the field to begin with, or based on whether the field has a value (and isn't empty), but we want the token value written to the field even if it already has some other value, right? We want to know the most recent form they filled out, which is what the token will write in the field.  We don't care about the second most recent form.

We also don't care if the field is empty or not.  It doesn't matter if it's empty because we're going to write the token value there no matter what.

The only thing the flow step has to do when the campaign's trigger fires is write the token value to the Last Form Title field. Period.  No choices about whether it should be written or not, it's always going to be written, every time.

So your flow step should look like this.

pastedImage_0.png

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Ooooooooooooooh, ok. That helps soooo much. Thank you once again, John!

Have a great weekend. I'm sure I'll have more questions next week.

You da best!

-Marisa

John_Clark1
Level 10

I'll be here