Placing emails in nurturing streams...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Placing emails in nurturing streams...

Hi! I am looking to place one of our emails in our nurture streams. I understand that I need to place the email at the top and activate it if we want it to send it first. However, we are just looking to have it included within the streams, not necessarily be the first touch. Can I do this the same way, just drag the email in between whichever emails and that's when it will run? And if so, what about the emails that are already in the streams that are not in focus anymore..are those exhausted and do I need to place the email after them?

All help is appreciated 🙂
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Placing emails in nurturing streams...

Hi Tori,

The way engagement programs work is that they check before each send to see which content leads have not received, and then send them the email highest in the list that they have not received.  Once leads have exhausted all content, if a new email is put into the stream, regardless of location, they will receive that one next.

So to answer your question - you can place the email anywhere you want in the stream and the other emails will not be affected.  The only thing that will change is the order people receive the new email versus the existing ones.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tori -- you're correct. If you want to add it to the stream in any place, simply drag, drop and activate. If the emails are greyed out, they're most likely deactivated (you can confirm by hovering over the email in the stream and clicking the tool icon). If they're not active and you add a new email, the placement doesn't matter as long as those emails stay deactivated -- Marketo will search for the active email to send. Keep in mind that if you do decide to reactivate them, the order in which the emails will be cast. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you both! Just wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.