Pick List on Form

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pick List on Form

I have entered a pick list for a form on a landing page. Every time I test the email out to myself, when I receive the link to the form, it has all the values I have entered, but at the end of the selection of IE: Brochure, Email, etc. it says "false."

However, I didn't add this as an option, so I know I have to change something in the form template to remove this from showing up. Does anyone know how?

Thank you!
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Pick List on Form

You may need to place the values and visible text on there yourself. See Advanced Forms or "forms picklist code" for help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Colleen,

Try NULLing out whatever field you are using on the form that has false in it. Then refresh the page and see if it is still there.

I have to do this because I use a custom "Comments" field a lot and forget to NULL it out before I start testing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

All the other fields are "text" input... This is the only what that has a "select" option.. Any other ideas? Thank you!
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya. When you change the field to picklist in the form editor, it only allows the visitor to select from one of those vlaues. But, you can change that value to whatever you'd like on the backend regardless of whether the field is a picklist or text box in a form. If you change a field to be a picklist in a form, and you have a value for that field that it is not in your picklist, Marketo will add that value to the picklist. Almost like it is asking "do you want keep your current value? Or switch to one of the picklist values?" 

This may not answer your question, but I thought I should clarify. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Colleen > The reason it shows false, is because your user has the data value false in this field. Empty your cookies & look at the page again to see what it looks like as a new (uncookied) user.

If your field is set up as Boolean (1/0 or Yes/No True/False) then you probably can't put any other data into that field other than True/False 1/0. 
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Adam is spot on here, you may not be using the approprate field to use in this case.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your help...  I cleared my cookies but it's still showing.. I don't think it could be a Boolean field because I have about 10 other items in the picklist, but false just randomly shows up at the end... Then when i check the form on the landing page this field defaults to the false option..

Any  more insight?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Colleen,

As mentioned above, you are probably using a different field type on the form compared to the actual field type. When it shows the "false" option on the picklist, it means that the field is originally a checkbox. However, in your form you chose "Select" under Input Type and added a bunch of options for the picklist. You need to change this field back to "Checkbox" or create another picklist field.

- Franco